As a medical transportation company we encounter large numbers of medical conditions, and every guest is unique. But, there’s one thing everyone has in common: wanting the best possible care.
There are thousands of cancer centers across America, and when you pick one, you might want to look for one accredited by the Commission on Cancer. These programs and facilities are constantly monitored by the CoC, and must meet certain standards.
You want to find a hospital or center with experience of your particular type of cancer, and if you have a rare type you might want to travel to a larger institution. They might also offer clinical trials with treatments not yet widely available.
There are three types of cancer treatment doctors – Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, and Radiation Oncologists, and which one you will need depends on what treatment you will need. In many cases several doctors work together. It is important to find one that makes you feel comfortable, because your relationship with this person is likely to last both through initial treatment and long-term follow-ups. Make sure your doctor listens to you and gives you a chance to ask questions.
Top 10 Cancer Centers Ranked by U.S. News
The following list contains the top ten cancer centers in the USA ranked by U.S. News. If your facility isn’t on the list, that doesn’t mean it’s not great. These are just ten out of thousands of fantastic doctors and facilities. When choosing one you must consider what’s best for you.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota
- Dana-Farber/Brigham in Boston, Massachusetts
- Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland
- University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, Washington
- Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts
- UCSF Medical Center in San Francisco, California
- UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics in Stanford, California
Whether you choose one of these healthcare providers or another specialist, you might have to travel to get there. If you need help with long distance medical transportation, call our coordinators at 800-311-3412 for a free quote and more information. We have over thirty years’ experience in transporting guests with cancer and other medical conditions, and we will get you where you need to be comfortably, quickly, and safely.